Saturday, February 5, 2011

Business

Dear Posterity,

This week I spent in Orange County, California on a business trip. At this time of my life I am a District Manager for Blockbuster Video. I have worked for the company for 6 years. It's been my first real "grown up" job. I started out as a customer service representative and quickly moved through the ranks to be a district manager. I love my job and it has been good to me. Let me tell a quick story of how I came to be employed by Blockbuster.

I had just returned home from my mission and decided to go back to Oklahoma for a sealing of someone that I had baptized. I was able to get a ride home from the Tuckett family, who lived in one of my area's and I had become quite close with. They were going to Utah to visit family and I was able to snag a ride with them. On our way to Utah, Sister Tuckett asked me what I was going to do now. I replied that I would probably start school and get a job. She asked where I wanted to work and I replied, "I don't know. Maybe somewhere like Blockbuster would be fun." Little did I know then that I was being inspired. I applied at Blockbuster and got the job and have been there for the past 6 years.

My patriarchal blessings says that I will be blessed with great employment throughout my life. To this point in my life I have been blessed and am confident that I will be blessed for the remainder of my life. By listening to a small prompting that said "maybe blockbuster would be fun", I have started a career, bought a home and care for my family. The Lord truly has a hand in all that we do, when we are willing to listen to Him.

How blessed we are...

No comments:

Post a Comment